Specialty License Plates
Looking for a great way to support the Foundation? Get a Mario Lemieux Foundation specialty license plate!
The Mario Lemieux Foundation has endorsed specialty Pennsylvania License Plates, with proceeds directly benefiting the Foundation.
The specialty plate features the Mario Lemieux Foundation logo and is available for passenger vehicles, trucks with a registered gross weight of not more than 14,000 lbs., trailers and motor homes. Motorcycles do not qualify for special organization registration plates. The cost of a plate is $66.00.
MLF Specialty License Plate Application & Instructions Please follow the instructions below, as your application will not be filed without following the Mario Lemieux Foundation and PennDot’s registration procedure. Be sure to read all the information below, as it is very important that you understand the process if you want to purchase a license plate to benefit the Mario Lemieux Foundation.
1. Do not write any checks payable to PennDot or send the application to PennDot. Please follow these instructions:
2. Print out the application form, fill it out, sign the form in section E, and send it by mail to the Mario Lemieux Foundation at:
Mario Lemieux Foundation License Plate Program, Two Chatham Center, Suite 1661, 112 Washington Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
DO NOT SEND THE APPLICATION TO PENNDOT.
3. Include a check in the amount of $66.00 per application (plus $2.00 for any additional registration cards requested, and/or plus $104 for specific number requests – see Optional Personalization Request below) made payable to the “Mario Lemieux Foundation”. DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. All applications will be held and sent together at the end of each month.
5. Checks will also be held and processed with the complete batch of applications at the end of each month.
General information regarding the MLF’s specialty license plate program is located on the application form. If you have any questions, please review the application first, as most of your questions will be addressed there.
License plate numbers will be handled as follows:
- Mario Lemieux Foundation specialty plates are issued in numbered sequence unless requesting personalization in Section D of application:
- Optional Personalization Request – for an additional fee of $104.00, you can request a specific number. Please follow the instructions on the application to request a specific number. Please note that plates 00001LF – 01750LF have been filled.
The $66.00 license plate fee is broken down as follows: $26.00 goes to PennDot for plate production fees while the remaining $40.00 will directly benefit the cancer research and patient care initiatives of the Mario Lemieux Foundation. Only one check, in the amount of $66.00 (plus any personalization or additional registration card requests) to the Mario Lemieux Foundation, should be written.
Once you have sent your completed application to the Mario Lemieux Foundation, please allow 7-10 weeks for delivery of your license plate.
The Mario Lemieux Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to raising funds for cancer research and patient care initiatives.
If you have any questions, please contact the Foundation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Thank you for your interest in the Mario Lemieux Foundation’s specialty license plate program!