Mario Lemieux Fantasy Hockey Camp
The Mario Lemieux Fantasy Hockey Camp is one of the largest fundraising events run by the Mario Lemieux Foundation. Campers receive a truly once-in-a-lifetime NHL-like hockey experience both on and off the ice.
Campers are divided into four teams, each featuring two pro team captains and a pro head coach. Mario Lemieux rotates from team to team during the round-robin tournament play. Each team will play with and against Mario at least once.
Campers receive both Pittsburgh Penguins and Mario Lemieux Fantasy Hockey Camp branded equipment and apparel. Uniforms are different each year. Jerseys featured in the past include the current home and away Pens jerseys, Vegas Gold Pens jerseys, both Winter Classic blue jerseys, and most recently, custom Lemieux-era Wales and Campbell Conference All-Star Game jerseys from the 1986 NHL All-Star Game.
Camp games are held at PPG Paints Arena, the home of the Pittsburgh Penguins, and at UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex, the Penguins’ Practice Facility. Camp is scheduled around Penguins game(s), and all campers and guests attend the game(s) at PPG Paints Arena as a group in a party suite.
The highlight of Lemieux Camp is the personal interaction with some of the greatest players in NHL history. Players and coaches from previous camps include Mario Lemieux, Paul Coffey, Bryan Trottier, Mark Recchi, Bill Guerin, Gary Roberts, Larry Murphy, Theo Fleury, Rick Tocchet, Alexei Kovalev, Pierre Turgeon, Ron Duguay, Sergei Gonchar, Michel Goulet, Clark Gillies, Pierre Larouche, Curtis Joseph, Randy Hillier, Eddie Johnston, Jay Caufield and Tie Domi.
2016 Fantasy Camp team captains and coaches had a combined 30 Stanley Cups, 54 All-Star Game appearances and over 3,800 goals and 10,600 points scored in the NHL.
The Mario Lemieux Fantasy Hockey Camp has a waiting list of over 400 people. If you are interested in joining the waiting list for future Lemieux Camps, please fill out the Waiting List Form here. Signing up assures you to be notified of all announcements pertaining to future fantasy camps.
2017 Camp Highlights:
- Personalized Mario Lemieux Fantasy Hockey Camp apparel
- Pro-stock equipment, including helmet, gloves, jerseys and socks
- Campbell and Wales Conference uniforms, modeled after the 1986 NHL All-Star uniform
- One practice session and one game at the UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex, the official Pittsburgh Penguins practice facility
- One outdoor game at Heinz Field, as part of the 2017 Stadium Series Game
- Three games at PPG Paints Arena, home of the Pittsburgh Penguins
- Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers Stadium Series Game
- Evening entertainment functions at Morton's Steakhouse, UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex and Cambria Suites
- Contract signing and photo with Mario Lemieux
- Autograph Session with Mario Lemieux and all of the celebrity team captains and coaches
- Commemorative framed piece featuring a "Draft Photo" with Mario Lemieux
- Tour of Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
Over $2,100,000 has been raised through the Mario Lemieux Fantasy Hockey Camp to benefit the Mario Lemieux Foundation, a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to raising funds for cancer research and patient care, as well as Austin’s Playrooms, an initiative which creates playrooms for children and families in medical facilities.