As you know, in 2018 the Mario Lemieux Foundation celebrated its 25th Anniversary!
Over the Past 25 years, You Have Helped Us:
Donate over $25 million dollars to cancer research and patient care initiatives, including major gifts to UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Allegheny Health Network, UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital, Carnegie Mellon University, and the Children’s Home of Pittsburgh and Lemieux Family Center.
Create 36 Austin’s Playrooms, serving over one million children and their families by establishing calm and comfortable playrooms in medical facilities across our region and beyond:
- 33 Austin’s Playrooms in western Pennsylvania, giving children and families the ability to escape the burden of difficult medical situations and focus on health and healing
- Three Austin’s Military Playrooms across the country, serving our veterans and active duty servicemen and women at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton and Naval Hospital Camp Lejeune
The The future of the Mario Lemieux Foundation is very bright, and I’m pleased to share these new plans:
- A new $5 million gift to UPMC Hillman Cancer Center to fund groundbreaking immunotherapy research and programming, changing the way cancer patients are treated
- Two new Austin’s Playrooms to open in 2019 in Cambria County, PA and Erie, PA
- The next Austin’s Military Playroom at Naval Hospital San Diego opening 2020
It’s hard to imagine that 25 Years have passed since my battle with cancer, and every day I am grateful for my health and the health of my family. Nathalie and I are just as appreciative of the kindness and generosity of people like you who have supported the Mario Lemieux Foundation since day one. Together, with your support, we will continue to make a difference in our community and continue to give others a chance to win!