Mario Lemieux Foundation License Plate
The Mario Lemieux Foundation has endorsed specialty Pennsylvania License Plates, with proceeds directly benefiting the Foundation.
The specialty plate features the Mario Lemieux Foundation logo and is available for any passenger cars, motor homes and trucks with a registered gross weight of 9,000 pounds or less in the state of Pennsylvania. The cost of a plate is $66.00.
MLF Specialty License Plate Application & Instructions Please follow the instructions below, as your application will not be filed without following the Mario Lemieux Foundation and PennDot’s registration procedure. Be sure to read all the information below, as it is very important that you understand the process if you want to purchase a license plate to benefit the Mario Lemieux Foundation.
1. Print out the application form, fill it out, sign the form in section D, and send it by mail to the Mario Lemieux Foundation at:
Mario Lemieux Foundation License Plate Program 816 Fifth Avenue, 6th Floor Pittsburgh, PA 15219
DO NOT SEND THE APPLICATION TO PENNDOT.
2. Include a check in the amount of $66.00 per application made payable to the “Mario Lemieux Foundation”. DO NOT SEND CASH.
3. All applications will be held and sent together at the end of each month.
General information regarding the MLF’s specialty license plate program is located on the application form. If you have any questions, please review the application first, as most of your questions will be addressed there.
License plate numbers will be handled as follows:
- Mario Lemieux Foundation specialty plates are issued in numbered sequence only and may not be personalized. This is a regulation from PennDot.
- Specific number requests are no longer being taken. You will be assigned the next available number in the sequence that started with 00001.
The $66.00 license plate fee is broken down as follows: $24.00 goes to PennDot for plate production fees while the remaining $42.00 will directly benefit the medical research initiatives of the Mario Lemieux Foundation. The $20.00 fee shown at the top of the PennDot application is included in this $66.00. Only one check, in the amount of $66.00 to the Mario Lemieux Foundation, should be written.
Once you have sent your completed application to the Mario Lemieux Foundation, please allow 7-10 weeks for delivery of your license plate.
The Mario Lemieux Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to raising funds for cancer and neonatal research initiatives.
If you have any questions, please contact the Foundation Office at [email protected], for more information.
Thank you for your interest in the Mario Lemieux Foundation’s specialty license plate program!